When Dorothy is feeling good, she purrs. She has quite the little motor built into her, and she purrs a lot. Don’t think that she’s docile, though. Here are some things that make Dorothy Cat purr:
1. A good scratch behind the ears.
2. The people coming out of the bedroom in the morning, or coming home after a long absence.
3. A particularly good attack on unprotected human flesh.
4. Feats of derring-do, that make me cringe.
5. Sharpening her claws on the carpet.
The thing that makes her purr the loudest? A person petting her with one hand, while she attacks the other hand. This is the best of all worlds, for Dorothy. She wants to be worshipped while she commits heinous acts of naughtiness.