I blogged my last personal happiness list some six months ago in September, before I embarked on my new adventures in post-secondary education. I’m feeling like it’s time to re-visit it, and remind myself about the things that are going well in my life. Who couldn’t use a little hit of positivity once in a while? There’s all kinds of research to show that it’s very good for you. Plus, it’s just plain fun.
Let’s get the joy party started, shall we?
My Happy List
- Spring! It’s in the air! I’ve seen daffodils and ladybugs, and I’ve planted radishes and spinach and kale.
- Really good chocolate. Always.
- Herbal tea. My current faves are bergamot sage, and mint licorice.
- My education class, which is making me think in the best way, and which I’m enjoying a lot. I’m taking this as a good sign because I’m going back to school to study education.
- New purple tights.
- The way my son is learning to read, picking out words from signs and posters when we’re out and about.
- My daughter’s extreme enthusiasm over her spring break theatre camp. This tickles me pink, because my husband and I became high school sweethearts when we were both cast in the same school play.
- Once Upon a Time is back on TV. I heart Once Upon a Time.
- I’m keeping mason bees this year, and I’ll be putting them out soon, which is exciting.
- Regular acupuncture appointments.
- Knowing that my husband is always on my side.
- VSCO Cam. I am totally smitten with this app. It’s made me fall in love with iPhone photography all over again.
- Poached eggs and avocado for breakfast.
- The semester is almost over, which means semester break is almost here. Yes, the papers and exams and so on are hard, but it means the end is near!
- Living within easy walking distance of my kids school. I feel so lucky.
- Family support as I head back to school.
What about you – what’s on your happy list right now? I’d love to hear!