Monthly reviews are one of my favourite traditions. Here’s how it works – every month I come up with some things I learned, and not always the easy way. Then, I ask you all to join in with some recent revelations of your own. And we all learn and grow and what-not. Or at least share a laugh at our own expense, because some of these lessons are both hard-fought and funny. Sound good?
So, without further ado, here are some things that I learned in July.
July Monthly Review
1. I learned that for a preschooler, a water slide that’s closed due to inclement weather is actually more fun than a water slide that’s open.
Jacob jumps the gate on a closed water slide
2. I discovered that if you accidentally drop your iPhone on the pavement a few
dozen times, it will stop working, even if you have it in a lovely protective case.
3. I made my first pot on a pottery wheel. It’s a little lopsided, but it’s all mine, baby.
My first piece of pottery
4. I learned that, in spite of my elementary school principal’s dire warnings, fireworks actually can be safe and fun.
5. I tried pole fitness. It was a whole lot harder, a whole lot more fun, and a whole lot less R-rated than I expected.
My instructor demonstrating a move I absolutely cannot do
6. I picked (and ate) the first blueberry of the season off my blueberry bush, and I was once again grateful to whoever it was that planted it.
7. For the second time in four years, I found out if you have an inflatable wading pool, you’re running the risk that it will be destroyed by a raccoon.
Sad, deflated wading pool, sporting raccoon claw marks
8. I got some help cleaning out my closet, and some great style tips.
9. I scored some great thrift store finds to help me put those style tips into practice.
Hannah trying on her new sunglasses at the thrift store
10. I re-discovered the bounty of my region, as I spent the month eating local.
What did you learn in July? Please share! If you’d like to play along by writing a review post of your own, link to it in the comments!