Monthly reviews are one of my favourite traditions. Here’s how it works – every month I come up with some things I learned, and not always the easy way. Then, I ask you all to join in with some recent revelations of your own. And we all learn and grow and what-not. Or at least share a laugh at our own expense, because some of these lessons are both hard-fought and funny. Sound good?
So, without further ado, here are some things that I learned in March.
March Monthly Review
1. I learned that whether it’s caused by Mercury retrograde or just plain old coincidence, sometimes everything breaks all at the same time.
2. I discovered that I had a little activist on my hands when my daughter made a protest sign during a three day teachers’ strike.
3. I found out that my three-year-old and I have differing opinions on interior decoration, when he insisted I hang the decommissioned Velvet Elvis in a spot of honour in his bedroom.
4. I learned that if you take out the wheelbarrow, the children will immediately climb in.
5. I witnessed my daughter’s acting debut, when she participated in a theatre day camp over Spring Break. The kids themselves created the play, and it involved witches, dogs, cats, princesses, space pirates and more. So. Awesome.
6. I interviewed a local mom of four who plays roller derby for VancouverMom.ca, and I was completely enchanted. I now harbour dreams of one day lacing up and giving it a go myself.
7. I re-visited my bliss list for the first time in two and a half years. It’s always illuminating to write your dreams out in black and white.
“Dreamers live here!”
8. I learned that sometimes, you have to say no to other people, in order to say yes to yourself.
9. I discovered, once again, how very annoyed I feel when small children harm the little seedlings I’m growing for my garden. You can cover me in bodily fluids and wake me up at 2:00am, and I’m fine, but don’t mess with my baby broccoli plants!
10. I got a speaker for my kitchen, and found out just how much better cleaning is when you have the right tunes.
What did you learn in March? Please share! If you’d like to play along by writing a review post of your own, link up here: