Monthly reviews are one of my favourite traditions. Here’s how it works – every month I come up with some things I learned, and not always the easy way. Then, I ask you all to join in with some recent revelations of your own. And we all learn and grow and what-not. Or at least share a laugh at our own expense, because some of these lessons are both hard-fought and funny. Sound good?
So, without further ado, here are some things that I learned in May.
May Monthly Review
1. I learned that British Columbia’s Premier Christy Clark knows how to work a room when I met her not once, but twice. Plus, on the second occasion my daughter was splashed all over the news and the government’s website.
2. I launched a new, free Crafting my Life tool for busy moms who are searching for authenticity and meaning called Four Easy Ways to Kick-Start a Life of Intention.
3. I re-learned the sweetness of handmade gifts from my kids on Mother’s Day. They really are the very best kind.
4. I discovered a feeling of liberation when I got to ride the ferry and visit Victoria all by myself on a gorgeous, sunny day in order to preview Dinosaurs at the Royal BC Museum for VancouverMom.ca.
5. This one is sort of vicarious, but my daughter Hannah learned to ride a bike, and I was one proud mama. She didn’t let a few tumbles slow her down.
6. I re-discovered bot the joys and the sorrows of the creative explosion when my son Jacob started really drawing – and not always in the places he should draw.
7. I found out first-hand what it’s like to be a 36-year-old.
8. My garden provided a bounty of spinach, flowers and children, and it was sweet.
9. I learned that while rabbits are sort of lukewarm on carrots, they can’t get enough of dandelion greens. Plus, as a total bonus, I grow vast quantities of dandelion greens whether I want to or not.
10. I discovered that life is just easier when I get adequate sleep. Shocking, I know!
What did you learn in May? Please share! If you’d like to play along by writing a review post of your own, link to it in the comments!